Aug 29, 2008

Creamy (malai) chicken tikka


Friday evenings are one of my favorite nights to have of couple of friends over for a relaxed super/ dinner. Having friends over for a dinner can be such a pleasure. It is so good to share delicious food, have a lively conversation and laugh the evening away in the comforts of ones own home.

There is no better way to celebrate the start of the weekend and as long as the food is delicious and can be prepared ahead. One of such recipe’s I love to have is the chicken malai tikka. The boneless chicken are marinated with cream and spices and grilled to perfection. Marinating is the biggest mantra for having succulent meat and the results are always great when the meat is marinated over night.

Last Friday we had couple of our close friends over for dinner and it was so great to catch up and share some happenings in our lives. I had marinated these tikkas and it was a great way to liven up the evening.



Here is the recipe

Ingredients
3 to 4 chicken breast cut into pieces
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon tandoori masala powder
2 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon ginger grated
1 tablespoon garlic crushed
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon chilli powder
salt to taste
pinch of tandoori colour
oil for basting
chat masala and lemon juice for garnishing

Vegetables
1 red pepper cut into piecs
1 green pepper cut into pieces
1 red onion cut into pieces

wooden sticks

Method

Mariante the chicken with lemon juice and salt. keep it aside for 10 minutes and drain the excess liquid. Meanwhile mix cream and all the ingredients except chat masala and oil.

Marianate the drained chicken pieces for at least 5 to 6 hours or overnight.

Season the vegetable with salt and pepper and lemon. Heat the grill pan and spay oil. Grill the chicken on both sides and vegetables till done. Bast occasionally the chicken with oil.

Thread the chicken and vegetables to the satay sticks and spinkle chat masala and squeeze lemon juice. Serve with coriander chutney or saffron rice. This classic Muglai cusine is utterly delicious and nothing’s left for the doggy bag.


Just scrolling down on the right of Taste of India, some of the deadlines of the events were flashing, “TIMES UP” and I could hear Bee yelling “I don’t entertain late comers”. Sorry Bee will never happen again. Please accept my entry to your event Click that is featuring citrus as the theme. Here goes my entry.

25 comments:

Meeta said...

Oh yummy yummy! this looks so good. I love these kind of easy but so full of flavor dishes!

Srivalli said...

wow..yummy pictures..looks so delicious..

Laavanya said...

Beautiful presentation & pics.

Daziano said...

Hmmmmmm, that looks really yummy!!!
And the photos are so nice, I'd like to have a piece of your chicken tikka now!

notyet100 said...

this looksso yum,.nd great clicks allof thm..hppy weekend too,..:-)

Sophie said...

We would like to feature your chicken tikka recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/

Rachel said...

They are all so appealing and a great click!

Uma said...

Wooow! beautiful, juicy click Shibani!

I used yellow moong dal to make the laddoos.

Sangeeth said...

great click girl! yummy!

Divya Vikram said...

The pictures loook too appealing gal...Am drooling over the pics.

karuna said...

goodness, look at tht tikka. i am so wanting to grab a bite of tht. its been ages ihave had good tikka. no non-veg at home.....
loved the pic with the rice.

Cham said...

Oh girl, u make me feel hungry! That is the way of entertaining!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Oh my! Can I be your friend to eat these kind of things?! They look great and nice photos too!

meeso said...

Oh wow, I wish I lived near you!!! Your description and pictures are too tempting!

Pragyan said...

Adding cream to tandoori is something new to me. Am sure it will be imparting a nice taste and calming the strong tandoori flavor a bit. Will add this next time. Your click looks tangy :)

Sujatha said...

thats a lovely Tikka! I am drooling.. great pics..

Passionate About Baking said...

Hey POE...this is just what I was looking for. Great flavours & ever so simple. YUM...will let you know when I try this...it's gonna be soon!!

Uma said...

hey thanks Shibani! I am glad that you liked my recipe. Have a great sunday!

Priti said...

Oh my my.....tikka looking perfect ...what a pic !! drooling over it..

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness this is sheer bliss in a dish!! Yummy - yummy tikka!

Rosie x

Kevin said...

Those skewers look good! Nice presentation.

Lore said...

Delightful dinner just perfect for friends coming over! Love your Click too :)

Dershana said...

Just passing by your blog. And Wow! these sound so good. and lovely pics too.

do visit me at my turf sometime

http://thefootloosechef.blogspot.com/

raaji said...

that looks so yummy...want to have one right away...

SriLekha said...

u have an award in my blog!